PSD2 directive opportunities
In PSD2 directive there are two types of Third Party Payment Provider (TPP) that do not maintain customer accounts: payment initiation service providers (PISP) and account information service providers (AISP).
PISPs will take care of initiating payments from customer’s account, and AISPs will provide service for account aggregation. Thanks to PSD2, banks will provide access to customer’s account with their permission to PISPs and AISPs.
- Allowing for resignation from intermediary payment services
- Lowering the costs of bank transfers
- Access to data from customer’s bank accounts
- Ability to personalise offerings based on customer’s spendings
- New scoring models
- Ability to create profiles for customers